Arsenal's Denis Suarez has confirmed he will not play for the Gunners again this season.
The Spaniard has been a disastrous loan signing for the north Londoners, playing just six times and failing to find the net since moving from Barcelona.
Suarez starred on loan for Sevilla under Unai Emery in 2014-15 but has failed to replicate those displays since his switch to the Emirates.
In a statement posted on Twitter, Suarez said: "I want you all to know that I will not be able to play again this season.
— Denis Suarez (@DenisSuarez6) April 29, 2019
- READ MORE
- Improving Arsenal have long way to go, says Arteta
- Arsenal post losses of $65.97 million pounds as COVID-19 hits revenues
- Barcelona reach Copa del Rey final with epic comeback win over Sevilla
- Arsenal manager Arteta speaks on his Barcelona links
- Barcelona, Atletico ordered to further tighten belts by La Liga
- What is Barcagate? All you need to know about Barcelona scandal
"Same issues with my groin have made things tough since the game against BATE Borisov in the Europa League in February and now they have forced me to stop training altogether.
"After various medical consultations, the conclusion has been reached that I cannot keep on pushing it and I have started a period of treatment that cannot be done alongside competitive football.
"I am sorry that all of the effort and sacrifice made to come to Arsenal hasn't come to fruition as hoped and you can't even imagine how angry I am about it, but health comes first.
"I want to give my thanks again to such a big club for trusting in me although things haven't gone as we pictured they would.
"I am stepping aside but I am grateful for the messages of care and support that you all have sent to me every day. This will be where I take my strength from in order to return stronger than ever and even more determined."