Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has been handed a one-match touchline ban after accepting a charge of misconduct following Sunday’s 2-1 defeat in the Scottish Premiership by Glasgow rivals Celtic.
The Scottish FA said the former England captain had taken a fixed offer.
The Daily Record reported Gerrard was understood to have made comments to referee Bobby Madden after the loss at Celtic Park.
In the match, Gerrard’s side were reduced to 10 men after half an hour when Colombian Alfredo Morelos was sent off for a fifth time this season, with Rangers slipping 13 points behind Celtic and seven games remaining.
- READ MORE
- Coach suspended for ‘sprinkling unknown substance, urinating on goalposts’
- Rude welcome for Kimanzi as Sharks bite Wazito
- Dear Kenyan footballer, you are not wasting your career
- Arsenal will face Irish side Dundalk FC in the Europa League group stage
- Mourinho takes Tottenham to Bulgaria - Here's the Europa League draw in full
- FKF league: Vihiga upset champions Gor Mahia