Barcelona chief Pep Segura insists Ousmane Dembele will not be leaving in January despite speculation linking the French star with Arsenal and Liverpool.
The forward, who arrived at the Nou Camp last summer for €105million (£93.4m), is failing to impress the club’s chiefs.
It has been widely reported that the 21-year-old’s attitude and personality is the source of the problem, with the France star showing a lack of maturity.
“There is no problem with Dembele,” Segura said in an interview on SER radio. “Yes, we had a meeting, just like yesterday I met with three other representatives, but it’s normal, it’s part of my job, they’re natural things.
“Dembele is very young and has never had to make an effort like the one he is doing now to adapt to Barca’s game.
- READ MORE
- Lionel Messi double helps Barcelona see off Elche
- Barcelona's Lenglet breaks down in tears in car after disappointing draw vs Cadiz
- There are problems at Arsenal – Sh11 billion attacker Pepe confesses
- Arteta explains why he was shouting so much in Arsenal's defeat to Man City
- Revealed: Barcelona's five-man striker shortlist
- Arsenal's Willian latest to suffer online racial abuse
“We recognise that it is hard for him and he also recognises it, but we’re working to change this situation as quickly as possible.”
Ousmane Dembele has been issued an ultimatum by Barcelona, reports in Spain have claimed.