The African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone has been called off.
This is after Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) cited a suspension on Sierra Leone given by world football governing body FIFA.
“Seeing that Sierra Leone is still under suspension by FIFA, please note that the above-mentioned match will not take place,” said CAF through a statement.
They then promised to communicate the status of the group once the Executive Committee makes a final decision.
“The status of the group will be communicated later on once the competent body takes a final decision in this regards,” read the statement.
- READ MORE
- Vet Labs Sports Club hosts Vice-Chairman putter 2020
- Maradona's heart was 'twice normal weight' as investigation into death continues
- Maradona's son asks Messi to give up No.10 shirt at Barcelona and Argentina
- Man United 1-3 PSG: Neymar strikes twice as PSG win at Old Trafford
- Ronaldo scores 750th goal in first Champions League with female referee
- Four-goal Giroud seals top spot for dominant Chelsea at Sevilla
Harambee Stars are on the brink of qualifying for the showpiece event in Cameroon next year, having won two matches and drawn two, losing one in Group F.
The tie was scheduled for November 18 at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani.