Paul Pogba inspired Manchester United to a winning start to the new Premier League season.
The Frenchman's emphatic penalty just two minutes into the game, following a Daniel Amartey handball, fired United into the lead before Luke Shaw doubled the advantage late on.
Shaw's strike was his first career competitive goal, catching out Ricardo Pereira before turning the ball into the far corner.
David De Gea produced a stunning save to deny James Maddison in the first-half, but United were generally comfortable throughout the game - albeit not the most entertaining.
Jamie Vardy squeezed the ball home for a consolation in stoppage time, but it proved to be too late.
- READ MORE
- Clubs in London, Liverpool set to welcome back fans next week
- FKF unveils StarTimes as official broadcast partners, KTN gets free to air rights
- Bruno Fernandes: Why I gave my penalty to Marcus Rashford
- Champions League: Fernandes double helps United beat Istanbul Basaksehir
- England to allow 4,000 fans at elite events in lowest-risk areas
- Burnley get first win with Wood strike against Palace