Manchester City sensation Gabriel Jesus has a fractured foot, the Premier League club said Tuesday, amid fears he may miss the rest of the season.
The recently arrived Brazil striker lasted just 14 minutes before going off injured during City's 2-0 win at Bournemouth on Monday, which saw Pep Guardiola's side climb to second in the Premier League table.
City's statement confirmed a "fractured metatarsal" but did not say for how long Jesus would be sidelined, amid fears the forward could miss the rest of the season.
The 19-year-old has made an immediate impact with City, scoring three goals in four Premier League games since his initial £27 million ($33.3 million, 31.2 million euros) move from Palmeiras during last month's transfer window.
- READ MORE
- De Bruyne out for up to six weeks due to injury, says Guardiola
- Sergio Aguero tests positive for coronavirus
- Bernardo Silva stunner helps Man City see off Aston Villa
- Guardiola to get Sh29 billion for transfers – Lukaku top of Man City wishlist
- Man City 4-0 Palace: Double for Stones as City crush Palace to go second
- Despite 35 people self-isolating due to Covid-19, Villa insist Man City still game on