Hosts Gabon's continued participation in the African Nations Cup was in serious doubt after they were held 1-1 by Burkina Faso on Wednesday, their second draw in Group A.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang again scored for his country but they had to come from behind to equalise and missed two good late chances to win the game.
Gabon's poor start was also reflected in a far from full stadium in the country's capital for the key game as sceptical supporters stayed away.
Prejuce Nakoulma put Burkina Faso ahead before Aubameyang equalised through a penalty.
- READ MORE
- Aubameyang, Gabon lose to Gambia after sleeping on airport floor for 6 hours [PHOTOS]
- Aubameyang and Gabon teammates forced to sleep on airport floor [PHOTOS]
- Aubameyang’s new Sh52m smile per week
- German FA to review state of national team on December 4
- Suspension of African football boss opens field for new faces
- Burnley get first win with Wood strike against Palace