Manchester United defender Tyler Blackett joined Championship club Reading on Monday, signing a three-year contract.
The 22-year-old England under-21 spent last season on loan at Celtic, where he won a Scottish League winner's medal.
Reading manager Jaap Stam, formerly a defender with United, said Blackett's versatility was a key factor in the move.
"He can play as a left-back or a left-sided centre-back; he has got great potential in the sense that he is quick and athletic, defensively he is strong and he is good at set pieces," Stam told Reading's website (www.readingfc.co.uk).
"As a defender he can go and play high up the pitch as well, and that is what we need in the squad."
- READ MORE
- Man Utd's Fernandes brushes off criticism of big-game record
- Man City vs Man United team news, predicted line-ups
- Man United star Fernandes fires back at critics over 'big six' record
- Man United in dark over Paul Pogba future
- Palace's Van Aanholt racially abused on Instagram after Man United draw
- Koulibaly transfer fee reduced as Man United close on centre-back