Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Jeremy Mathieu from Barcelona.
The Gunners’ three first-choice centre-backs, Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny and Gabriel Paulista all missed the opening game of the season against Liverpool through injury.
And Spanish outlet Don Balon say Arsene Wenger is eyeing Mathieu as cover - despite the fact he is currently injured himself.
Mathieu limped out of Barcelona’s win over Sevilla at the weekend with a hamstring problem.
It is claimed Barcelona will accept an offer of 12 million euros (£10.4million) for the 32-year-old Frenchman.
- READ MORE
- Arsenal 3-2 Benfica: Aubameyang leads Arsenal into Europa League last 16
- Mesut Ozil's misery continues at Fenerbahce despite Arsenal transfer exit
- There are problems at Arsenal – Sh11 billion attacker Pepe confesses
- Arteta explains why he was shouting so much in Arsenal's defeat to Man City
- Arsenal's Willian latest to suffer online racial abuse
- Arsenal and Benfica play out 1-1 draw in Rome