Arsene Wenger has been given a transfer warchest to bring a world-class striker to Arsenal.
The Emirates chief is on the lookout for a new frontman, with Real Madrid star Karim Benzema among the names on Wenger's shopping list.
Gunners director Lord Harris admits the north Londoners were strapped for cash when they moved to their new stadium, but insists the Frenchman has money to spend to boost his firepower.
The Carpetright owner, 72, told the Daily Mail: "We could go into the market and probably buy any player in the world, apart from half a dozen who are un-buyable. In the accounts, there’s over £200million in the bank. You could say to Arsene we’ve got no money and he wouldn’t worry, or you could give him £100m and he might not spend it.
He added Arsenal have no plans to sign any big names, but Wenger would be backed if a player like Alexis Sanchez or Mesut Ozil becomes available again.
- READ MORE
- AFC Leopards seek to end winless run against Homeboyz
- Munala rallies his KCB stars to hit back against Pipeline
- MMUST upbeat ahead of Kabras Sugar test
- Kenya’s best chasing Olympic qualification in Doha
- KTN News Sports anchor Wakhisi nominated for AIPS Sport Media Awards
- Mozzart provides clean water for the people of Machakos County
"We would back him to break the club’s transfer record. If he wanted the man, he could have him. Apart from Messi and Ronaldo, he could have any player. We will probably have to break the club record to get the man he wants."