By JOEL ODIDI
Universities and Colleges Football League (UCFL) defending champions Zetech College extended their lead in the league with a 2-1 win over Mount Kenya University at the weekend.
The win ensured the champions are safely perched at the top of table standings with 21 points from ten matches.
In other matches, Nairobi Institute of Business Studies (Nibs) Nairobi Campus were too good for their counterparts Nibs Ruiru campus whom they beat 2-0 at National Youth Service Nairobi Holding Unit (NYS-NHU), Ruaraka, at the weekend.
Inoorero University got three points without breaking a sweat after their opponents Nairobi Aviation College failed to show up for their fixture. Hosts NYS-NHU made good account of themselves before their home fans after they hit former UCFL champions Kenya Polytechnic University College 2-1.
In the women’s Colleges League, NYS-NHU ladies hit Kabete Technical ladies 3-0. NHU scored through Leah Njogu who notched a brace before Faith Mamai made things beyond the opponent’s reach in the 78th minute.
- READ MORE
- Varsity in bid to offer scholarships to more players
- Striker left OUT of Champions League game because he couldn't sit in his favourite seat on team bus
- It's time to go green, says world rally boss
- Mathare clubs now have every reason to smile with kits from ‘I Love Africa’
- Kenya Morans to punch above their weight against Senegal
- Champions League: Youthful Barca take care of Dynamo to seal knockout place
In their second match, NHU ladies held Kenya Polytechnic University counterparts to a one-all draw.
Elsewhere, Zetech beat Ujuzi Academy 3-0 in a Football Kenya Federation Nairobi District league.