Kenya Morans will travel to Cameroon next month for the second leg of the 2021 FIBA Afrobasket Qualifiers.
This is after FIBA Regional Office Africa on Friday confirmed the venues for the upcoming February window of the qualifiers.
After successfully holding the games of the Qualifiers in bubbles in November, the third and last window will also be organized as protected environment tournaments in order to ensure health and safety of all participants.
All remaining games of the FIBA AfroBasket 2021 Qualifiers will take place during this final window from February 17 to 21.
The bubbles will be hosted in the cities of Monastir (Tunisia) and Yaounde (Cameroon).
- READ MORE
- Basketball: Morans through to Afrobasket despite losing to Mozambique
- Basketball: Hope for Kenya Morans ahead of Angola duel in Afrobasket qualifiers
- Basketball: Morans fall to Senegal in AfroBasket qualifiers opener in Cameroon
- Kenya Morans eye revenge ahead of Afrobasket opener against Senegal
- Just who is Liz Mills, Kenya Morans’ first-ever female coach?
- Kenya Morans head coach names squad for Afrobasket qualifiers
The Second Round of Groups A,D and E will take place in Monastir while Groups B and C will be played in Yaounde.
Kenya Morans, who are in group B alongside Senegal, Mozambique and Angola will be aiming to qualify for the 2021 Afrobasket Games by winning atleast two matches.
Last year in Rwanda, Kenya recorded two consecutive group match defeats, losing in their opening matches against Senegal 92-54 before going down to Angola 83-66 despite putting a spirited fight.
Morans would ,however, overcome the last match pressure to bounce back to winning ways in their final group game against Mozambique with a 79-62 score.
The top three teams in each group from the qualification playoffs after the second leg will qualify for the Afrobasket Championship that will be held in Kigali, Rwanda.