Kip Keino Classic 100m champion Ferdinand Omanyala will not compete in the national trials for the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games starting on Friday at Kasarani in Nairobi.
Despite missing the trials, Omanyala's slot in the Birmingham Games is safe and secured by virtue of his recent excellent performances on the truck.
Instead, the Tokyo Olympic semifinalist will be flying out to Italy for the World Athletics Continental Challenger in Italy.
Africa fastest man will be competing in the Castiglione della Pescaia International Meeting planned for Sunday Omanyala will then travel to Germany on Monday 23rd where he will prepare for the 61st Ostrava Golden Spike by running two races on May 25 and 28.
- Omanyala inspires new generation of sprinters
- Omanyala reigns supreme in 100m at Commonwealth trials
- Kenya's relay team sprints to gold in Mauritius
- Brilliant Omanyala brings 100m continental title back home
- Ferdinand Omanyala, the new Africa 100m champion
Golden Spike is a World Athletics Continental Golf Tour event on May 31 in the Czech Republic.
Golden Spike will feature Jamaican sprinter Yohan Blake, the world’s second-fastest ever in the 200 metres, in the stellar 100m field that also has South Africa’s Akani Simbine and Jamaica-born Canadian Jerome Blake.