World Marathon Record holder Eliud Kipchoge and Tourism and Wildlife Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala on Friday morning toured the Nairobi National Park for a game drive.
The tour comes four months after Tourism and Wildlife Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala reiterated his ministry’s commitment to continue leveraging on promoting Sports Tourism.
Late last year, the Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) handed a destination ambassadorial role to Eliud Kipchoge, to promote Kenya’s tourism both locally, regionally and internationally.
The Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with the Ministry of Sports, are targeting to fully exploit the untapped sports industry; sports tourism (sports following and fame of sports personalities) to achieve their aim of reviving the economy as the world continues to grapple with the coronavirus pandemic.
The tourism industry, which was targeting to generate Sh189 billion in 2020/21 Sh22 billion more than what they collected in 2019, is among the worst-hit sector by the pandemic, losing Sh80 billion between February and June 2020.
- READ MORE
- KTN News Sports anchor Wakhisi nominated for AIPS Sport Media Awards
- Eliud Kipchoge to compete in Hamburg Marathon before Tokyo Games
- Hellen Obiri, Rodgers Kwemoi shine ahead of Africa Cross Country Championships
- Will technology end careers of pacesetters?
- Eliud Kipchoge is a huge Tottenham fan – Will he invite Mourinho to Kenya?
- Boost for Kisumu as Ghanaian golfers set to grace Nyanza tourney