A star-studded field of athletes head to Ol Kalau, Nyahururu County for the third leg of Athletics Kenya Cross Country series on Saturday.
The meet is expected to throw up a classic clash of the Kenya Police Services contingent, the Kenya Defence Forces and Prisons who will come up against strong opponents from other regions.
Albert Tanui and Marion Kibor from the Kahawa Barracks, who were last year’s winners are expected to defend their crowns.
This season, Athletics Kenya has scaled down the cross country series from five to three to cope with the 2021 busy calendar in athletics.
After Ol Kalou, Ngong Race Course will host the Kenya Police Service Cross Country Championships on January 15, while Kenya Prisons Service Cross Country Championships will be on January 16 in Ruiru. Kenya Defence Forces Cross Country Championships will be on January 29 at Moi Air Base.
- READ MORE
- AK presents 2025 design papers to Sports CS Mohamed
- Blessing in disguise for Kenyan Camp as Africa Cross Country Championships postponed
- Pigamingi: 2021 golf season starts fast and furious
- REVEALED: Harambee Stars’ matches ahead of 2021 AFCON qualifiers
- Athletics track and field: Ekwam to lead stellar field in Maseno
- PHOTOS: History-making Kenya Morans receive heroes welcome at JKIA
The National Cross Country Championships-cum trials will be held on February 20, where a team will be picked for the World Cross Country.