A star-studded field of athletes head to Ol Kalau, Nyahururu County for the third leg of Athletics Kenya Cross Country series on Saturday.
The meet is expected to throw up a classic clash of the Kenya Police Services contingent, the Kenya Defence Forces and Prisons who will come up against strong opponents from other regions.
Albert Tanui and Marion Kibor from the Kahawa Barracks, who were last year’s winners are expected to defend their crowns.
This season, Athletics Kenya has scaled down the cross country series from five to three to cope with the 2021 busy calendar in athletics.
After Ol Kalou, Ngong Race Course will host the Kenya Police Service Cross Country Championships on January 15, while Kenya Prisons Service Cross Country Championships will be on January 16 in Ruiru. Kenya Defence Forces Cross Country Championships will be on January 29 at Moi Air Base.
- READ MORE
- Shujaa to play in October in condensed 2021 World 7s Series
- Practice will make perfect for Kenyan team in Tunisia
- Division One win pleasant surprise for Pandya
- Former AFC Leopards coach reunites with Mbungo at coastal club Bandari
- Chanelle, 14, floors rivals to lift Kabete Open title
- Shujaa beat Portugal and USA in Madrid 7s
The National Cross Country Championships-cum trials will be held on February 20, where a team will be picked for the World Cross Country.