Over 300 elite and leisure runners will battle for top honours during the Athletics Kenya mountain running meeting at Longonot, Naivasha tomorrow.
The event which is aimed at popularising mountain running in the country will see top finishers share Sh500,000 prize money.
Some of the star mountain runners who have confirmed participation are two-time mountain running world champion Lucy Murigi, Purity Gitonga, Viola Jelagat and Joyce Njeru.
Veteran mountain runner Geoffrey Gikoni and Mount Kenya mountain running champion Emmanuel Bor and Dickson Simba will spice up the men’s 10km race.
The event will be the second mountain running meeting in the country following the first edition held in Meru County last year.
- READ MORE
- What is a Whereabouts Failure?
- CS Amina, promoter officials taken through Safari Rally safety, security operations
- Six Kenyans earn USA college basketball scholarships
- Prisons athletes set to battle for glory in Ruiru
- Harambee Stars coach Mulee, Wanyama back Olunga’s Sh900m move to Al Duhail SC
- Olunga’s debut for Al Duhail ends in defeat