It was all song and dance in Eldoret as marathon world record holder Brigid Kosgei easily won London Marathon in 2:18:58 on Sunday.
A huge crowd at the intersection of Uganda road and Iten road turned wild as it the race at St Peter's Park in London entered the last lap, and became apparent that Brigid was headed for a win.
Her Kenyan compatriot and world champion came in second.
Uasin Gishu governor Jackson and Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala are leading the celebrations as the men race kicks off shortly.
World record holder Eliud Kipchoge is expected to lead the men's race.
- READ MORE
- Gor Mahia score twice in stoppage time to see off Rwanda’s APR
- Crunch moment for Gor Mahia as they host APR
- Kenyans set to light up Valencia Marathon
- It is a battle of titans in Valencia meet tomorrow
- Nairobi City Stars team manager is dead
- SportPesa’s grand comeback frozen as CS Matiangi reads riot act
More to follow...