It was all song and dance in Eldoret as marathon world record holder Brigid Kosgei easily won London Marathon in 2:18:58 on Sunday.
A huge crowd at the intersection of Uganda road and Iten road turned wild as it the race at St Peter's Park in London entered the last lap, and became apparent that Brigid was headed for a win.
Her Kenyan compatriot and world champion came in second.
Uasin Gishu governor Jackson and Tourism Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala are leading the celebrations as the men race kicks off shortly.
World record holder Eliud Kipchoge is expected to lead the men's race.
- READ MORE
- 48-year-old veteran athlete eyes long run in politics after 27 years in athletics
- Lady Bucks, Lakeside ready for new KBF season
- KCB coach Zico prepared for tough match against his former side Gor
- Kabras, KCB seek to continue good start
- Charania set to overcome pressure at Kenya Open
- Electronic timing to be employed in this year’s Eldoret City Marathon
More to follow...