Messi and Ronaldo could both end careers at the same club
David Beckham could ensure Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi BOTH end their careers at Inter Miami in the MLS.
And Adrian Heath has no doubt the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and England star will make it happen, with Beckham’s MLS new boys already thinking big.
Beckham has a strong relationship with Juventus star Ronaldo (left), who is 35 and eyeing new challenges before he quits.
At 32, Barcelona megastar Messi has more time on his side, but Heath believes both could end up playing at Miami.
“I keep hearing there will be a blockbuster signing at some stage – and Ronaldo and Messi are the names I hear most,” said Minnesota United boss Adrian Heath.
“That would be incredible for football in the USA and if anyone has the global profile to make that dream a reality then it has to be David Beckham.
“It may not happen just yet, but I can see Ronaldo following in the footsteps of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard playing in the MLS.
“For Ronaldo and Messi, the two obvious destinations if they came to the MLS would be Los Angeles and Miami.
"And, with his links to both players and the plan Beckham and his backers have in place, I can really only see them going to Miami.”
Heath believes big-name Premier League stars will also be watching Miami’s development with interest.
“I believe the MLS has the potential to become one of the top Leagues in the world,” added Heath.
“In the past it’s been a place for top stars to wind down their careers, but I think that will change.
“The arrival of Beckham and Miami will help accelerate that switch in mentality.”
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago
- Fallen champions Friends School Kamusinga promise to rise againHockey 1 day ago