Kabras Sugar thrash Nondies to maintain Kenya Cup lead
Kabras Sugar on Saturday thrashed Nondies 45-6 to maintain their lead atop the Kenya Cup standings with 70 points in a match played at the Bull Ring which hosted a double header.
Lawrence Buyachi got the millers on the front foot with a mole try and Ntabeni Dukisa converting for a 7-0 lead before Charlton Mokua’s center post try made it 14-0 with Dukisa adding the extras.
Former Kenya 7s international Biko Adema would drill a penalty for Nondies but that could not turn the game in the visitor’s favor as Brian Tanga’s center post try extended the sugar men’s lead to 21-3.
Kabras would then bag the bonus point try as Paul Abuto score the third center post try for the hosts for a 28-3 lead at the break with Dukisa maintaining a 100% conversion.
After the restart, Biko Adema slotted Nondie’s second penalty before George Nyambua bagged the millers fifth try from a line out and Dukisa adding the extras for a 35-6 lead.
Asuman Mugerwa and Felix Ayange landed two more unconverted tries before Kubu last minute try sealed the millers 14th win of the season.
Speaking after the match, Kabras coach Henley Du Plessis praised his charges for a dominant display.
"We played very well today and can now be sure of a home semifinal playoff spot. However, we are looking forward to hosting a second successive Kenya Cup final and therefore we have to win our last match to be sure of the same," he said.
Kabras lead the Kenya Cup log with 70 points, one point ahead of defending champions KCB who defeated Oilers 43-13.
- The framework that keeps Menengai Oilers punching above their weight Rugby 2 days ago
- Table-Tennis Activities postponed in KenyaTennis 2 days ago
- Martin Owila: My love for rugby, the gospel and youth mentorshipRugby 18 hours ago
- The fight against coronavirus: Kenyan football talent plays its partFootball 2 days ago
- Thomas Mueller extends Bayern stay until 2023Football 2 days ago
- All golf clubs must be closed with immediate effect – Mutahi KagweGolf 2 days ago
- Tottenham's Son set for chemical warfare training in South KoreaFootball 2 days ago