Inter Milan complete £1.28million transfer of Ashley Young
Inter Milan have completed the £1.28million signing of Ashley Young from Manchester United.
The 34-year-old wing-back has put pen to paper on a six-month contract with the Italian giants, with the option to extend this for a further season. He will wear the number 15 shirt.
The deal is subjected to the completion of a medical, which is due to take place on Friday.
Young was out of contract at Old Trafford in the summer and turned down the offer of a one-year extension to remain at United.
The former Watford and Aston Villa star will link up with former Red Devils pair Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, who is on loan, in Italy.
Young made 261 appearances for the Red Devils from 2011 until now.
But the wing-back fell down the pecking order in recent seasons, and has this year lost his place in the first team to both Brandon Williams and Luke Shaw.
Young has the opportunity to win the Serie A title in his first season.
As things stand, Antonio Conte's Inter are just two points behind league leaders Juventus.
Manchester United are themselves in the market for new recruits and are hot on the heels of Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes.
The Portugal international is set to represent Sporting one last time on Friday night in their derby clash with rivals Benfica before making the switch.
- English Premier League footballers should 'take pay cut'Premier League 2 days ago
- Tottenham's Heung-min Son set for military training during shutdownFootball 2 days ago
- UEFA clears way in hope club football can returnFootball 2 days ago
- Thomas N’Kono: Inspiration of generations of African goalkeepersFootball 2 days ago
- Willian says 'beautiful' Chelsea story is nearing end Football 1 day ago
- Is it time to stop playing golf for us to be able to play in future?Golf 2 days ago
- Adhiambo, the girl who inspired Kenya Lionesses to OlympicsRugby 2 days ago