Schools: Stage set for Nakuru County games
A total of 25 schools have confirmed participation in the inaugural Nakuru Open County Schools Championships set for this weekend at Nakuru High School.
The schools, which are drawn in and outside Nakuru County include national volleyball champions St Joseph’s Kirandich, Moi Kabartonjo, Anestar School, Kunyak, Coulson Boys, Elburgon DEB, Menengai High, Nakuru Day and Moi High School-Kabarak.
Others are Bahati Boys, Koelel, JM Kariuki, Njoro Boys, Baringo High, Kabimoi, Moi Secondary, Uhuru Kabiyet, Mema Secondary, Nakuru Boys, Nakuru Girls, Kelelwet and Tumaini, among others.
The tournament is meant to prepare them for the forthcoming Inter-zonal schools championships, which kicks-off the annual schools calendar of events.
Tournament coordinator Duncan Macharia said they’ll compete in the indoor and outdoor disciplines with the ballgames taking the centre stage among perennial rivals in different disciplines.
“We have come up with the event to assist these institutions get adequate preparations for the Inter Schools Championships that kick-off in the next fortnight,” Macharia told Standard Sports.
- All eyes on local stars for Kenya OpenGolf 1 day ago
- Wanyama’s team-mate Son Heung-min forced to 'self-isolate' over coronavirus fearFootball 3 hours ago
- Liverpool announce pre-tax profit for last seasonFootball 1 day ago
- Beach Volleyball: No time to relax as squad eyes vital slotVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Cameroon footballer donates Sh1.6 million to students stranded in coronavirus-hit ChinaFootball 1 day ago
- Chinese swimmer Sun Yang handed eight-year ban by CASSports 1 day ago
- Safari Tour is growing, but can be better with more sponsorsGolf 1 day ago