Man United stars bullied me so much that Rooney got me a new Lamborghini - Tevez
Carlos Tevez has revealed how Wayne Rooney gifted him a flash Lamborghini after Manchester United stars bullied him over his Audi.
The Argentina striker spent two seasons on loan at Old Trafford that culminated in the United fans singing “Fergie, sign him up” and a Champions League win.
And Tevez has opened up on his memorable spell in the red half of Manchester, sharing an anecdote about his early days at the club after arriving in 2007.
Among the standout stories is one regarding his car, with United stars taking the mickey out of the forward after he arrived in a standard Audi - rather than the more familiar motor which would be seen at the club's Carrington training base.
"At Manchester United training, players would turn up with a Ferrari or a Lamborghini," he told ESPN.
"Everyone, even the worst player, would have a Ferrari. I turned up in the Audi that the club gave you and they all bugged me about it, as if it was a Fiat 600.
"I spoke to Rooney and, the crazy guy that he is, he told me 'take the Lamborghini'.
"I went, without registering, around Manchester with this car, he gave it to me."
Tevez went on to sign for cross-city rivals Man City, a decision that ultimately tarnished his relationship with United fans.
However, the striker looks back on his spell with pride and says he enjoyed a great relationship with Rooney.
"I identified a lot with him because of where he came from, a poor area of Liverpool," Tevez added.
"He always fought for the ball as if it were his last, the same way I played. I saw myself reflected in him."
- FIBA AfroBasket qualifiers: Brave Somalia gives Kenyans real scareBasketball 2 days ago
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 1 day ago
- Solskjaer -Rashford set to miss Liverpool clashPremier League 2 days ago
- Premier League refs told to use monitors for red cardsPremier League 2 days ago
- Impala seeking redemption against Oilers in crucial tieRugby 2 days ago
- Fireworks as regional teams fight for places in qualifiersBasketball 1 day ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 1 day ago