Golf: Evans keeps calm before walking to victory at Johnnie Walker tournament
John Evans carded a 35 stableford points to emerge the overall winner of the Johnnie Walker Golf Tournament played at the Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club Course, over the weekend.
Jawad Jaffer claimed the runner-up slot on a countback score of 33 points after tying on points with third-placed Reagan Kibugu.
The one-day 18-hole stableford tournament, which was sponsored by Kenya Breweries under their brand Johnnie Walker, was characterised by wet conditions occasioned by the current torrential rains.
Sunita Nathoo took home the Lady’s title on 35 points while Sheila Mauladad took the lady runner-up slot after carding 32 points.
The guest winner was Rajesh Babra with the day’s best score of 38 points.
Kenya Breweries Limited Managing Director Jane Karuku thanked the golfers for taking part in the tournament. He added that the company is commitment to supporting sports in the country.
“We are proud to be associated with golf as a premier sport activity. I believe the 2019 Johnnie walker golf series will present a good opportunity for golfers to interact with our brand even as we seek to promote golf tourism through this circuit,” said Kamau.
"Besides our unwavering commitment to support the growth of sports in Kenya, the Johnnie Walker brand has a long and proud history of supporting golf across the world.”
This was the third series of the ongoing Johnnie Walker circuit that started at Royal Nairobi Golf Club on November 2 before heading to Karen Country Club on November 9-10.
The next series moves to Thika Sports Club before the end of the month and Muthaiga on January 18 2020.
In February 2020, the Series will head to Sigona, Limuru and Nakuru before the Grand Finale at Vet Lab Sports Club in March, 2020.
- Toothless Atletico beaten at tiny EibarFootball 2 days ago
- Five women to watch at the Australian Open [Photos] Tennis 2 days ago
- Man City facing fresh calls for Champions League ban Football 15 hours ago
- Man United's Rashford facing lengthy lay off with back injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Nyambai wins in Kisumu race Athletics 2 days ago
- Rugby: It's yet another routine win for Strathmore Rugby 2 days ago
- All you need to know about Kaizer Chief's new Kenyan boy Akumu [PHOTOS]Football 1 day ago