Juventus chief 'flies to London' for talks with Man United
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici has reportedly flown to the UK for talks with Manchester United chiefs at their London HQ.
According to Turin-based newspaper La Stampa, Paratici is set to thrash out a deal for striker Mario Mandzukic as the Red Devils look to get a £13million move over the line in January.
But whilst Paratici is keen to offload Mandzukic, who has not played a game under Maurizio Sarri this season and has been training away from the rest of the squad to stay in shape, he will not be the only source of discussion.
It is said that Juventus may look to make an enquiry for Paul Pogba as they consider taking the French superstar back to Italy.
United, meanwhile, could discuss young defender Merih Demiral, who they are set to send scouts to watch when he plays for Turkey against Iceland on Thursday night.
Demiral, 21, has barely featured since a £15m move from Sassuolo in July, but he is highly-rated and could be allowed to leave after the club signed Matthijs de Ligt later in the summer.
United and Arsenal are said to be amongst those monitoring the youngster, who already has 10 senior caps for Turkey.
Mandzukic has been linked with a move to Old Trafford to bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's forward line after a tough start to the season.
They failed to replace Romelu Lukaku in the summer and the experienced Croatian could provide a different option over the second half of the season.
They are also set to resist any interest in Pogba, who has experienced an injury-plagued start to the campaign.
Chelsea could also be at threat as Paritici spends time in the capital.
Their former boss Sarri is keen to secure moves for Willian and Emerson Palmieri.
Willian has expressed his desire to remain at Stamford Bridge but the chance to challenge for Champions League glory could be tempting when he has the chance to enter talks over a free summer transfer in January as his current deal runs down.
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus players agree to take pay reduction in Sh10 billion cost-cutFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea player reveals difficulty of separation from children due to coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- UEFA president admits that current season may not finishFootball 2 days ago
- Italian minister to propose extending sports ban to whole of April Football 2 days ago
- Former star OF Edmonds hospitalized with coronavirus symptomsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus players, coach Sarri agree pay cut due to coronavirusFootball 2 days ago