Unai Emery gives update about his job following Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Leicester
Unai Emery insists he retains the backing of the Arsenal board following the 2-0 defeat to Leicester .
The Gunners have slipped to sixth in the Premier League and are now nine points behind Leicester, who have climbed to second.
Arsenal have won just one of their last six league matches with the pressure increasing on boss Emery.
Technical director Edu and Head of Football Raul Sanllehi were both in the stands at the King Power and watched on glumly as Arsenal fell to defeat.
But speaking afterwards, Emery insisted he doesn't fear for his job and still needs and deserves time.
"We need time and patience. We have changed a lot of players and we have a lot of young players," he told Sky Sports.
"We are going to achieve. We have had a lot of circumstances that haven't helped but with consistency, we can do it."
Asked if he will get the time from the board, Emery added: "The most important thing is to be calm but step up in our intensity and our work.
Emery was then pushed if he felt the club was behind him, and insisted they were.
Speaking in his post-match press conference, Emery said: “I accept all the criticism. It is normal. I am speaking with the club to stay strong and recover
“I know we are receiving criticism but I have done before and I have recovered.
“We need to recover our confidence. We need to be patient with some circumstances and we are going to do that.”
- Tiger Woods' niece finishes fourth as Henseleit of Germany wins the Magical Kenya Ladies Open Golf 2 days ago
- FKF Elections: Mwendwa says he will abide by SDT ruling on pollsFootball 2 days ago
- Patrick Vieira hints he's interested in Arsenal manager's jobFootball 7 hours ago
- Scrabble: Top seed Oyende wins Nakuru national circuitSports 19 hours ago
- Pep Guardiola speaks after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat at home to Man UtdFootball 2 days ago
- Basketball: Thunder strike down Emyba to reach finalBasketball 2 days ago
- Shujaa collect four points in Dubai Sevens Rugby 2 days ago