Alexis Sanchez involved in training ground bust-up with Mason Greenwood
Manchester United flop Alexis Sanchez was reportedly involved in a training ground spat with youngster Mason Greenwood during pre-season.
According to The Sun, the Chilean reacted angrily to a tackle from the rising star in one of his first sessions back from a hamstring injury.
Sanchez suffered the knock in the Copa America and was eased back into action but is said to have exchanged words with the teenager after the incident.
Sanchez, who has largely flattered to deceive since his move from Arsenal, also spent time working away from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first team squad in pre-season and was not ready for their season opener against Chelsea.
Despite being unfit to feature at the weekend and seeing his attacking team-mates put in a fine display in a 4-0 win, Sanchez has been told he is still part of Solskjaer's plans this season.
Greenwood came off the bench at the weekend and could knock Sanchez further down the pecking order after his excellent pre-season breakthrough with Solskjaer keen to put faith in youth.
Reports have suggested United have held talks with Italian side Roma over a loan move for Sanchez, although his high wages look set to scupper a deal even if the Red Devils pay a percentage.
He is likely to be given a fresh chance to prove his worth at Old Trafford once he catches up with his team-mates after being behind in pre-season.
Just before the transfer window closed, Solskjaer said: "Alexis has come in and trained well.
"He’s four or five weeks behind the boys and has not played apart from the one behind closed doors here, so I think he’ll see [Lukaku's exit] as an opportunity as well to make his mark.
"I do expect him to stay, there’s a striker there who we think is going to be able to score some goals."
- Economic crisis from coronavirus begins to bite in European footballFootball 2 days ago
- Football federation offers clubs loans to pay billsFootball 2 days ago
- Federer donates Sh100 million to vulnerable Swiss in coronavirus crisisTennis 2 days ago
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Anthony Joshua responds to coronavirus fears after Prince Charles diagnosisBoxing 2 days ago
- World champion Joshua in self-isolation after meeting Prince CharlesBoxing 2 days ago
- Fallen champions Friends School Kamusinga promise to rise againHockey 1 day ago