Bayern sign winger Perisic on loan from Inter Milan
Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich signed Croatia winger Ivan Perisic on loan for a season from Inter Milan on Tuesday after a widely expected move by Manchester City’s Leroy Sane fell through due to the player’s knee injury.
A 2018 World Cup finalist, Perisic, who also played for Borussia Dortmund and VfL Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga between 2011 and 2015, will play for Bayern starting on Friday.
Bayern have an option to buy him next season.
The Croat, 30, will reinforce Bayern’s wings along with Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman following the departures of veterans Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.
Coman has also been plagued by serious injuries since joining the Bavarians two years ago.
“Ivan will instantly help us with his top-level experience,” said Bayern sports director Hasan Salihamidzic in a statement.
“He is skilled and is flexible upfront. I am certain he will quickly integrate because he knows the Bundesliga and also our coach Niko Kovac.”
Bayern had publicly expressed an interest to sign City winger Sane but the 23-year-old Germany international tore his anterior cruciate ligament in the Community Shield win over Liverpool at Wembley earlier this month.
The German champions, beaten by Dortmund in the German Super Cup earlier this month, kick-off their Bundesliga campaign against Hertha Berlin on Friday.
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 1 month ago
- OFFICIAL: PSG sign former Man United starFootball 1 month ago
- Life and times of Joe Kadenge [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Solskjaer sends powerful message to Pogba on leaving Man United Football 1 month ago
- How Morocco sank Ivory Coast again at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Man City unveil new kits for 2019/20 season inspired by historic nightclubPremier League 1 month ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 1 month ago