Governor Chepkwony stars in KICOSCA darts tie
Kericho Governor Paul Chekwony put up a face-saving performance yesterday in darts edging out Nzuki Nzabo of Mombasa 3-2 on a day the host county posted mixed results during the Kenya Inter-Counties Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA).
Chepkwony’s fight-back came moments after Mombasa County had whipped Kericho 2-0 at Kericho Green Stadium on goals from Mbarak Mundu and Hussein Mohammed - both goals coming in the second half.
It was left to Governor Chepkwony to even things out, which he obliged with clinical efficiency in the fifth set decider.
Both players exchanged wins in the first four rounds forcing the winner to be decided in the fifth round, which Governor Chekwony easily claimed with a double 8 shot to win.
At Kericho Teachers Training College, Nakuru kept their winning streak in their second football match when they humbled Bomet 6-0 in a one-sided tie.
Ken Ochieng and Tony Ng’ang’a each scored a brace for a 4-0 half time score in a match Nakuru custodian Moses Gathenya had it easy.
Nakuru defenders included right full-back Geoffrey Baraza, left fullback Joseph Wanjohi, stopper Edwin Odhiambo and sweeper Samuel Echo.
Nakuru’s victory followed their earlier 3-1 win over Murang’a in their opening match over the weekend.
As a result, Nakuru top Pool C table with maximum six points from two matches.
In Pool B, Nairobi and Kajiado settled for a barren draw. The games enter the third day this morning.
- Football fans, stars assist Ojwang' pay medical costsFootball 1 hour ago
- Germany: Werder Bremen in danger, a joker to improveFootball 2 days ago
- Young Mathew Wahome: I have a big dreamBoxing 1 day ago
- Premier League clubs can play friendlies before season restart Premier League 2 days ago
- Forget it! Werner's agent sends message to Man United and Chelsea over Liverpool transferGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- ANC Party Leader Mudavadi: AFC Leopards set to have new stadiumFootball 6 hours ago
- Boxers assured on Olympics qualifiersBoxing 1 day ago