Governor Chepkwony stars in KICOSCA darts tie
Kericho Governor Paul Chekwony put up a face-saving performance yesterday in darts edging out Nzuki Nzabo of Mombasa 3-2 on a day the host county posted mixed results during the Kenya Inter-Counties Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA).
Chepkwony’s fight-back came moments after Mombasa County had whipped Kericho 2-0 at Kericho Green Stadium on goals from Mbarak Mundu and Hussein Mohammed - both goals coming in the second half.
It was left to Governor Chepkwony to even things out, which he obliged with clinical efficiency in the fifth set decider.
Both players exchanged wins in the first four rounds forcing the winner to be decided in the fifth round, which Governor Chekwony easily claimed with a double 8 shot to win.
At Kericho Teachers Training College, Nakuru kept their winning streak in their second football match when they humbled Bomet 6-0 in a one-sided tie.
Ken Ochieng and Tony Ng’ang’a each scored a brace for a 4-0 half time score in a match Nakuru custodian Moses Gathenya had it easy.
Nakuru defenders included right full-back Geoffrey Baraza, left fullback Joseph Wanjohi, stopper Edwin Odhiambo and sweeper Samuel Echo.
Nakuru’s victory followed their earlier 3-1 win over Murang’a in their opening match over the weekend.
As a result, Nakuru top Pool C table with maximum six points from two matches.
In Pool B, Nairobi and Kajiado settled for a barren draw. The games enter the third day this morning.
- Why I was ‘ready to kill’ Suarez at Liverpool – HendersonFootball 2 days ago
- Manchester United set date for Pogba’s returnFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Arsenal star Henry to coach Montreal ImpactFootball 2 days ago
- Arrest made in murder of dutch footballerFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League confirm changes to VARFootball 2 days ago
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier: Kenya claim famous draw in EgyptFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes set for Baringo 10km raceAthletics 2 days ago