PSG eye Man Utd transfer target as Neymar replacement
Brazilian superstar Neymar has been linked with a sensational return to the Nou Camp, having moved to PSG for a world record £198million two years ago.
But Barca vice president Jordi Cardoner seemed to rule out a transfer for Neymar this summer earlier this week.
"As of today, there's no Neymar case, as the president [Josep Maria Bartomeu] said, and it's complicated," Cardoner said.
"We are passive actors. We know he's not happy in Paris and it's a situation that needs to be resolved in Paris.
"We haven't spoken to them. There is a lot of respect between the clubs and if there is a Neymar case one day, we'll talk.
Despite those words, PSG have made a contingency plan if the Catalan giants make a move in the last four weeks of the transfer window - with the Spanish and French deadline on September 2.
The Parisians, according to ParisUnited, via Mundo Deportivo, have two scenarios; one would see a swoop for Dybala, while the other is a potential signing of goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Juve had been hopeful of completing a swap for striker Romelu Lukaku, but the Red Devils pulled the plug on the transfer after they failed to agree personal terms with Dybala.
United have reservations over Dybala's wages and the Argentine's apparent lack of enthusiasm to make the switch to the north west.
Dybala is understood to have requested parity with United's top earners and a legal issue over his image rights also complicated the potential switch.
- Cristiano Ronaldo breaks down in tears during TV interview after seeing late dad Football 17 hours ago
- World reacts to Kamworor’s new Half Marathon recordAthletics 16 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 18 hours ago
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 3 hours ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 1 day ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 3 hours ago
- CS Amina flags off Kenya’s shooting team ahead of IDPA tourneySports 10 hours ago