Dani Alves now has new club after Premier League snub
Right-back Dani Alves, captain of the 36-year-old Brazilian team, signed up with Sao Paulo FC until December 2022, the Brazilian club announced on Thursday.
"We are in 2019, I could have chosen any place to play, but I chose to return to Brazil, for my country, my people, the club of my heart," said the player in a video broadcast by Paulist training on Twitter.
"One day I told Daniel that he would come to play in Sao Paulo, his heart club, and today I have the immense joy and pride of having fulfilled this promise," says club president Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, on the site of "Sampa".
Dani Alves was without a club since the end of his contract with Paris SG in June. He had himself announced his departure from the French club, where he rubbed his friend and fellow Neymar for two years.
The veteran has beautiful remains: he was elected best player of the Copa America, won in early July with the Seleçao at home, and he raised the trophy first, as captain.
This was the fortieth title gleaned by the side, "the most successful player in the history of football" according to his new club.
After his debut in Bahia, a club in the city of Salvador in northeastern Brazil, Dani Alves had a successful career in three European championships (Spain, Italy, France), with stints at FC Sevilla, FC Barcelona, ??Juventus Turin and PSG.
In Barça (2008-2016), he participated in the golden age of the club by winning three leagues of champions (2009, 2011, 2015). On the other hand, he publicly regretted having failed in the 8th finals of the competition twice with Paris.
Sao Paulo, the former club of the legendary Rai and Rogerio Ceni, is currently ranked fifth in the Brazilian Championship after twelve days. The team is coached by Cuca and counts in his squad the striker Alexandre Pato, former AC Milan player.
- Dortmund’s Alcacer ready to strike down former employerFootball 6 hours ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 1 day ago
- Champions League road to Istanbul beginsFootball 6 hours ago
- CS Amina flags off Kenya’s shooting team ahead of IDPA tourneySports 13 hours ago
- USM Algier humble Gor Mahia in CAF Champions League matchFootball 6 hours ago
- Africa deaf athletes’ championships startAthletics 6 hours ago
- Serbia hand Kenya’s Malkia Strikers third W. Cup lossVolleyball and Handball 6 hours ago