Kenyans can’t stop talking after Morans’ heroics at FIBA AfroCan tournament
Kenyans have taken to social media in numbers to congratulate the Kenya Men’s basketball team, Kenya Morans following their stunning display at the ongoing FIBA AfroCan 2019 tournament in Bamako, Mali.
This is after they beat Morocco 96-66 to book a slot in the Saturday final where they are scheduled to face Democratic Republic of Congo, who topped Angola 84-78.
Kenya settled for second best behind the Congolese in group B after they went down (82-65) in their opening match.
They, however, bounced back from their nightmare start by thrashing Nigeria 81-69 in their second group game.
The rejuvenated Kenyans then edged Ivory Coast 85-83 in the round of 16 before seeing off favourites Tunisia in a thrilling quarter-final clash which they won 82-76 through overtime.
Despite their stunning heroics, the Morans weren’t done yet as they sent a stunning message to DRC by beating Morocco 96-66 to book a spot in the final against their fierce group B rivals.
Their brilliant displays in Bamako have attracted heart-warming support from the fans back home as seen by GameYetu.
Kenya will be hoping lightning doesn’t strike twice when they face unbeaten DRC in the final.
Here are some of the reactions captured by GameYetu:
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 2 days ago
- Why Guardiola will not watch Liverpool vs Man UnitedPremier League 2 days ago
- Ashley Young begins 'new adventure' at Inter MilanFootball 2 days ago
- Top rugby player forced to abandon career after serious spinal injuryRugby 2 days ago
- Bruno Fernandes future is 'still unclear' amid Man United linksGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Toothless Atletico beaten at tiny EibarFootball 1 day ago
- Tottenham escape routes continue to elude WanyamaFootball 1 day ago