Premier League legend’s 79-year-old dad gets 20 years in jail for raping children
The dad of an England and Premier League legend has been jailed for raping children.
The 79-year-old was sentenced to 20 years behind bars after being found guilty of a host of sickening sexual attacks against youngsters and women in the 1970s and 1980s.
He began abusing one girl from the age of six and the attacks continued into her adulthood.
The man cannot be named for legal reasons.
He also attacked two other girls who were under 16 years old over a number of years.
Police arrested him in 2017.
A family member told The Sun: “We think he abused others. He was a monster.”
Two women are believed to have come forward with the allegations against the former London tube worker.
The man, who lived in Surrey, was convicted of four rapes, two attempted rapes, four indecent assaults and a serious sexual assault.
Judge Elizabeth Smaller, of Croydon Crown Court, ordered the jury to clear him of one indecent assault.
An insider added: “I feel sick to think I used to sit on his knee as a youngster. I was lucky.
“He’s ruined so many lives and the family has been rocked by this ordeal but at least he got what he deserves at last and will rot behind bars.”
The man's son was a former England international who had an established Premier League career.
- Kenyan trio united in hunt for steeplechase gold in DohaAthletics 2 days ago
- Hazard to make Real Madrid debut in La LigaFootball 2 days ago
- Battle for Doha tickets continuesAthletics 2 days ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 8 hours ago
- Enjoyment of golf may be enhanced by pretty birdsGolf 2 days ago
- Low key World Championships selections at Nyayo StadiumAthletics 2 days ago
- Sharks prey on Leopards at Kasarani as Tusker host Mathare UnitedFootball 1 day ago