Paul Pogba's brother 'wants move to club close to Madrid'
Mathias Pogba, the older brother of Manchester United star Paul, is allegedly seeking a move to a club near Madrid, increasing speculation that his sibling will also shortly be relocating to the Spanish capital.
According to Spanish outlet AS, Mathias, who currently plays for French third-division team Tours, has received an offer from Spanish third-tier side CD Manchego Ciudad Real, who are based just two hours from Madrid.
AS claim the whole family are contemplating a move to Spain, but it will depend on whether or not Pogba Jr's proposed multi-million pound deal from United to Real Madrid eventually goes through.
Pogba senior played for Wrexham when his little brother was originally at Manchester United, before moving to Crewe.
AS also published an interview with CD Manchego director Carlos Gutierrez, who said: "It's an interesting option from a sporting point of view.
"And for Ciudad Real, it would be important from a social and economic standpoint to have a player named Pogba in our team.
"We are waiting on the 'ok' from him."
Pogba Jr first announced his intentions to leave United when he spoke to reporters in Japan last month, claiming he was interested in pursuing a "new challenge".
After his old side Juventus pulled out of the race for his signature Madrid were left as the only viable option, but with the Spanish side having already spent over £300m on the likes of Eden Hazard and Luka Jovic this summer, it remains to be seen whether they can reach an agreement over a fee for the player with United.
Much may depend on whether Madrid can sell Gareth Bale, with Zinedine Zidane admitting the Welshman is not in his plans for next season.
Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.
“I have nothing personal against him. I have to make decisions. We have to change."
- Premier League agrees on five subs for rest of this seasonPremier League 18 hours ago
- Cr7 beats Messi to becomes first ever billionaire footballerFootball 14 hours ago
- Tokyo weighs scaled-back Olympics, says governor KoikeAthletics 18 hours ago
- Graft: FIFA ‘mafia’ depicted in new Amazon Prime satireFootball 18 hours ago
- Chelsea offer Timo Werner big-money contractGossip & Rumours 18 hours ago
- Former Chelsea striker Costa sentenced to six months in prison, fined Sh65mFootball 21 hours ago
- Wanyama joins protests against police brutality in Kenya and US Gossip & Rumours 1 day ago