Dixon ‘James Bond’ Okello the no-nonsense security man in AFCON finals [Photos]
Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) trained security expert Dixon ‘Bond’ Okello has been tasked with heading all security matters at this year’s Africa Cup of Nations final pitting Senegal and Algeria.
The experienced security expert is said to be a no-nonsense fellow, who is always bent on ensuring the security measures inside a stadium during a match are adhered to.
Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) on Thursday made the announcement on their official Twitter page, wishing the much-established events management guru all the best as he takes charge of the final on Friday, July 18 at the Cairo International Stadium.
“Experienced FUFA, CAF and FIFA Security Expert Dixon Bond Okello will head Security matters at the Final of #TotalAFCON2019 between Senegal and Algeria on Friday. FUFA wishes Okello the best,” FUFA tweeted.
Okello has been in the ‘security limelight’ for a while now and has taken charge of very high-level matches in the Africa continent.
In September last year, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) appointed Okello to handle security matters in a CAF Confederation Cup tie – where Egypt’s Al Ahly took on Guinea’s AC Horoya.
He was also present at the second leg clash between Democratic Republic of Congo’s AS Vita Club and Morocco’s Club Athletic.
He also took charge of a CAF Champions League group D match pitting Algeria’s Jeunesse Sportive De la Saoura and Tanzania’s Simba Sports Club.
- Another blow for Wanyama at Tottenham ahead of new season Football 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars hint match against Senegal is their last at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 month ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 month ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 month ago
- WWE superstar rushed to hospital with 'separated pelvis' after fightSports 1 month ago