Big field for Top Fry Classic Rally
At least 25 local and foreign rally drivers will participate in the third edition of Top Fry Classic Rally that zooms off on July 30 to August 3 in Laikipia.
Oman's Joey Ghose, navigated by Stephan Prevot in a 1970 Ford Escort Mk1, will make his maiden appearance in the competition. The event features four classes of classic cars built before 1984 and categorized in classes of cars between 1000cc and 3000cc.
South Africa has two entrants in Lola Verlaque, co-driven by her father Edward Verlaque and her sister Megan Verlaque, who is yet to confirm her navigator. Both will drive 1600cc VW Golf Mk1.
Nakuru-based Menengai Oil Refinery are the title sponsors of the 2019 Top Fry Classic Rally. Standard Group PLC, Best Whisky, Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, Aquamist and Laikipia County Government are other sponsors.
Five-time Safari Rally champion Ian Duncan, navigated by Anthony Nielsen, will lead Kenyan onslaught.
- Man City's Walker faces disciplinary action for breaking lockdown rulesFootball 2 days ago
- Serie A season could run to October - Italian FA bossFootball 2 days ago
- Former Mombasa Golf Club captain Mbua dies of coronavirusGolf 2 days ago
- Premier League wage row risks undermining good work - UK ministerFootball 2 days ago
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola's mother dies after contracting coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Fines paid by players and clubs to go into coronavirus fundFootball 2 days ago
- The framework that keeps Menengai Oilers punching above their weight Rugby 2 days ago