Man United 'flop' hires Lewis Hamilton’s jet to promote new song [photos]
With his future now up in the air amid transfer speculation linking him to a move away from Olympique Lyon, former Manchester United forward Memphis Depay has taken his off-field antics to the next level.
Depay, hired Formula One star Lewis Hamilton’s private jet, not for flying but for promoting his recently released rap single.
From the pictures seen on English news outlet The Sun, the Lyon man posed on top of the plane and kneeled with his fingers in his ears.
The Holland international’s fortunes seem to be headed north after a stunning season with Lyon in Ligue 1 as well as a blossoming music venture which has netted him over seven million followers on Instagram.
Depay managed an incredible 9 goals and 13 assists for Lyon last season and the fine form has led to speculation of a move to Liverpool among other clubs.
Apart from his sizzling form, Depay himself fueled the transfer speculations when he posted snaps of himself in red on a red plane and captioned one photo “Merci Lyon”, prompting fans and tabloids to suggest his departure.
With the 'impossible' now possible in the transfer market, his teaser antics could turn into reality if the Kop-based side decide to go for him this summer.
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 2 days ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 2 days ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 2 days ago
- Ireland must frustrate the hell out of All Blacks, says D'ArcyRugby 2 days ago
- Boxer Patrick Day dies after being knocked outBoxing 2 days ago
- Italian football giant AS Roma launches Swahili Twitter account Football 1 day ago
- Third straight Golden Shoe for MessiFootball 1 day ago