Man United 'flop' hires Lewis Hamilton’s jet to promote new song [photos]
With his future now up in the air amid transfer speculation linking him to a move away from Olympique Lyon, former Manchester United forward Memphis Depay has taken his off-field antics to the next level.
Depay, hired Formula One star Lewis Hamilton’s private jet, not for flying but for promoting his recently released rap single.
From the pictures seen on English news outlet The Sun, the Lyon man posed on top of the plane and kneeled with his fingers in his ears.
The Holland international’s fortunes seem to be headed north after a stunning season with Lyon in Ligue 1 as well as a blossoming music venture which has netted him over seven million followers on Instagram.
Depay managed an incredible 9 goals and 13 assists for Lyon last season and the fine form has led to speculation of a move to Liverpool among other clubs.
Apart from his sizzling form, Depay himself fueled the transfer speculations when he posted snaps of himself in red on a red plane and captioned one photo “Merci Lyon”, prompting fans and tabloids to suggest his departure.
With the 'impossible' now possible in the transfer market, his teaser antics could turn into reality if the Kop-based side decide to go for him this summer.
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago