BREAKING: PSG confirm Neymar has gone absent without leave after failing to show up for pre-season
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed Neymar failed to show up for the start of their pre-season amid speculation surrounding his future.
Reports this summer have claimed the Brazilian is ready to push for an exit from the French capital and try to return to Barcelona.
PSG have now confirmed he did not arrive with his team-mates as the club began their preparations for next season today (Monday).
A club statement read: "Paris Saint-Germain notes that Neymar Jr was not in attendance at the agreed time and place.
"This was without the club’s prior authorisation.
"The club regrets this situation and will therefore take appropriate action."
More to follow...
- Chevrolet deal set to end due to United's struggles on pitchFootball 2 days ago
- Big screens beaming Kipchoge's attempt live at KICCAthletics 2 days ago
- Nike’s Breaking 2 versus the Ineos 1:59 ChallengeAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge whets North Rift's super Saturday Athletics 2 days ago
- Chess: Equity Bank seek redemption in league actionSports 2 days ago
- Rugby: Oilers in tough Floodlit final against KCB today Rugby 2 days ago
- Lionesses in Tunisia for 2020 Olympic qualifiers Rugby 2 days ago