BREAKING: PSG confirm Neymar has gone absent without leave after failing to show up for pre-season
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed Neymar failed to show up for the start of their pre-season amid speculation surrounding his future.
Reports this summer have claimed the Brazilian is ready to push for an exit from the French capital and try to return to Barcelona.
PSG have now confirmed he did not arrive with his team-mates as the club began their preparations for next season today (Monday).
A club statement read: "Paris Saint-Germain notes that Neymar Jr was not in attendance at the agreed time and place.
"This was without the club’s prior authorisation.
"The club regrets this situation and will therefore take appropriate action."
More to follow...
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 2 months ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago