Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target
Scottish giants Celtic FC, on Wednesday, signed full back Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo from Rapid Vienna.
According to BBC, the 24-year-old signed a four-year contract at Celtic Park after the two clubs agreed to a reported bargain price of £3 million.
However, Celtic’s capture of the Belgian doesn’t stand out as much as what his move means to English Premier League giants Arsenal.
This is because reports of Celtic’s 21-year-old left back Kieran Tierney moving to the Gunners have been flying around lately and Bolingoli-Mbombo being a full back, it seems the move could be on.
The Belgian further warmed Gunners fan’s hearts by confirming the position he prefers as "a left full-back", a position which happens to be currently occupied by Tierney who has been subject to interest from the North Londoners.
Announcing the deal, Celtic rushed to pour cold water on the speculation by claiming the defender was bought because he has the ability to play in multiple left-sided positions.
Bolingoli-Mbombo also happens to be the cousin of Manchester United star striker Romelu Lukaku and expressed his delight after signing for Neil Lennon’s side.
"My little brother is also playing in Belgium, it is in our family's blood, and hopefully one day we'll be playing together in the national team of Belgium," he said.
This move came two days after the Belgian turned 24 but he insisted it was a good late birthday present for him.
"It is a little late but a nice birthday present," he said. "I heard about it first last week when they had contact with my agent and directly I said yes - you can't say no to a club like Celtic.
"It is a great opportunity for me to make the next step in my career." He added. ?
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago