Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar return
Philippe Coutinho has reportedly agreed to a switch to Paris Saint-Germain - paving the way for Neymar to move in the other direction and make a sensational return to Barcelona.
Coutinho endured a difficult first full campaign at the Nou Camp after making the £142million transfer from Liverpool in January 2018.
He came in for criticism from large sections of the Barca support towards the end of the season, leaving his future at the Catalan giants in doubt.
And PSG are leading the race, with Spanish outlet Sport reporting Coutinho has 'said yes' to a move to the French capital in a bid to rejuvenate his career.
Neymar is understood to want out of PSG after comments made by president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
"I want players willing to give everything to defend the honour of the jersey and join the club project," said the Qatari.
"Those who do not want to, or do not understand, we see each other and talk about it.
"Of course there are contracts that must be respected, but now the priority is the total members of the project.
"Nobody forced him to sign here, nobody pushed him in. He came knowingly to join a project."
Neymar is currently watching on from afar as Coutinho and his Brazil teammates compete at Copa America.
The Selecao are in the final after seeing off old foes Argentina 2-0 on Tuesday night.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 1 day ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 1 day ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 1 day ago