Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouse
Manchester United have reportedly agreed terms with Bruno Fernandes ahead of a summer transfer.
Fernandes is the next name on United's wish list after confirming deals for Daniel James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka last month.
Sean Longstaff is also a wanted man, but Fernandes is seen as especially key in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans for the club.
And the Norwegian manager might not have long to wait to secure the services of the Sporting Lisbon midfielder.
Reports in Italy claim that United held talks with Fernandes' representatives on Monday and personal terms were agreed.
Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Shira tweeted the latest development from his personal Twitter account.
It is claimed that the only thing standing in the way of the deal being completed is the transfer fee being agreed between the two clubs.
United are reported to have already offered £31million for his services, but Sporting want a deal in excess of £50million before they accept.
Sporting are said to be hoping for a bidding way to be sparked, with Liverpool and Tottenham also linked with his signature.
But the Portuguese club's plans to maximise the amount they get for the player could backfire, with parties losing interest in the player in fear they are going to be priced out of a deal.
United are said to be aware of the tactic and will play hardball on the transfer fee, refusing to pay over the odds to get the transfer over the line.
Fernandes, 24, enjoyed a remarkable season with Sporting last year, netting 32 times in 53 appearances and notching 18 assists to boot.
He currently has a contract at Sporting which runs until 2023.
- ‘Mtoto mkubwa’ – Mourinho was warned about signing LukakuFootball 2 days ago
- Kings end Celtics 10 game win runBasketball 2 days ago
- Man City’s Aguero could have been a Chelsea player…but…Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Delight for Man United fans after Everton ‘rejects’ top striker Premier League 2 days ago
- Nadal ends year as number one for fifth timeTennis 2 days ago
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago