Silva announces date when he’ll leave Manchester City
Manchester City midfielder David Silva has said he will leave the Premier League champions at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Asked if he would stay beyond next season, the 33-year-old Spaniard was quoted as saying by the BBC: “No, this is the last one.
“Ten years for me is enough. It’s the perfect time for me.
“Initially, City were talking about two years, but I decided to sign (for) another one, so I finished at 10 years.
“It completes the cycle. It’s a nice round figure. I can never see myself playing against City for another team. So 10 years - that’s it.”
Silva, who joined City from Valencia in 2010, has won four Premier League titles, two FA Cups and the League Cup four times.
- LEAKED: Chelsea players to part with Sh2.6 million if they miss trainingFootball 2 days ago
- Arsenal decide Unai Emery’s fateFootball 2 days ago
- Age is just a number! Footballers in happy relationships with way older girlfriends [PHOTOS]Football 2 days ago
- AFCON: How Salah has increased Kenya’s chances of beating Egypt Football 2 days ago
- Sacked, shunned and suicidal - the Cameroon sports stars battling anti-gay lawsFootball 2 days ago
- VIDEO: Sterling and Gomez train together following England bust-up Football 2 days ago
- Mauricio Pochettino 'could be sacked next week'Premier League 2 days ago