Shocking: World’s most iconic 80,018-seater stadium to be demolished
History is set to be made as one of the world’s most iconic Stadiums faces demolition.
The San Siro, as popularly known is home to Serie A giants AC Milan and Inter Milan.
The two Italian giants have shared the ground since 1947.
According to Sky Sports, the 80,018-seater iconic home will be replaced by a new state of the art stadium that is coming up just next to it.
The Serie A outfits will continue to use the stadium until their new home is fully built.
The presidents of the two clubs confirmed the shocking news on Monday.
"Everything is proceeding.
"We will make a new San Siro together, next to the old one in the same area of land. The old man will be knocked down and in its place, there will be new buildings built.
"It's an extremely complicated process, it would be beautiful to have the Olympics' opening ceremony in the new San Siro, but we are not certain." Said AC Milan President Paolo Scaroni.
The stadium now belongs to Milan’s local council after AC Milan, the original owners sold it in 1935. The two clubs are now joint tenants and will move once their new home is completed.
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 week ago
- Harambee Stars players savour top class facilities in ParisFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 2 weeks ago
- Meet star who signed for Chelsea before Hazard but yet to make first-team appearanceFootball 2 weeks ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 week ago
- Six top footballers linked with ArsenalGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago