Former WWE star admits to mental health struggles and alcoholism after being fired
Former wrestler Big Cass has opened up on his battle with mental health and alcoholism after being fired from the WWE.
The 30-year-old, real name William Morrissey, was a rising star in the wrestling organisation, and reached the final two of the 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble last year.
However, he was fired by the brand in June last year after question marks were raised over his conduct, following his appearance on the European Tour while intoxicated.
Cass later suffered a seizure at the end of 2018, which he looks back on as a difficult time.
As reported by Give Me Sport, Cass - now known as CazXL - was speaking at a North East Wrestling show, and said: "The last time people saw me I was fat, I was drunk, and I was out of shape.
"I was on the floor going to the hospital because I had a seizure. My life was falling apart, mental health issues, I was an alcoholic."
Cass burst to prominence alongside tag team partner Enzo Amore in NXT, before they made the step up to the main WWE roster.
However, he was then put out of action for eight months when he suffered a serious injury in the summer of 2017.
His return saw a bitter rivalry with Daniel Bryan, before his golden moment in the Rumble.
But his off-screen behaviour caused issues with WWE management, and he was fired from the organisation in June.
Cass was then appearing at a House of Hardcore event at the end of that year when the seizure occurred, giving him a huge wake-up call to turn his life around.
“Six months later [after the seizure], I’m 300 pounds, I’m a tank, I’m shredded, I look amazing, I’m in the best shape of my life." he added.
And despite a return to the WWE remaining unlikely, he remains upbeat about his future.
"Nothing’s gonna stop me, I can tell you that.”
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 1 month ago
- Meet star who signed for Chelsea before Hazard but yet to make first-team appearanceFootball 1 month ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- Six top footballers linked with ArsenalGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 1 month ago