Mohamed Salah rejects £150million Liverpool exit - but will review situation next summer
Mo Salah has rejected a shock move away from Anfield following Liverpool's Champions League triumph.
However, the Egyptian king has put club top brass on red alert by declaring that he will review his situation next summer.
Both Real Madrid and Juventus were lining up record-breaking £150million offers for Salah, who has become a real favourite of The Kop.
Mirror Sport can reveal that the turbo-charged forward, who has scored 71 goals in just 104 games for Jurgen Klopp’s side, had been tempted by the prospect of joining the Real Madrid Galacticos and a return to Italy where he played for Roma.
But after helping Liverpool win the Champions League and being feted as an Anfield hero, he feels the timing is wrong to leave Merseyside.
Manager Klopp was aware of the interest and has been involved in discussions with the club’s hierarchy over the threat of the 26-year-old’s possible departure.
There have also been enquiries from leading continental clubs for Salah’s strike partner Sadio Mane.
But like Salah, the Senegalese international has told Liverpool that he is happy to stay.
Both players are now focused on attempting to end what will now be a 30-year wait to win the League championship.
Salah though has indicated that he will review his situation next summer as he looks for one big final payday.
But for now, he is staying put to the delight of Klopp and the Liverpool owners, to lead the club's push for a Premier League title.
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago