Blow for Man United as target’s girlfriend suggests PSG move
The girlfriend of Ajax star Matthijs de Ligt has been house hunting in Europe.
De Ligt is the most in-demand player in the world right now with Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Juventus, and Paris Saint-Germain having all offered him a contract.
The Holland international has been coy over his future and opted against revealing his plans following the Nations League final.
He instead explained how he would be going on holiday for a while to think over his decision before returning and finally putting pen to paper with, more than likely, one of the above clubs.
As a result of this it is still not known where De Ligt will be playing next season, but his girlfriend, Annekee Molenaar, may have dropped a hint.
According to Dutch Newspaper De Telegraaf, Molenaar flew out to Paris with De Ligt's mother Christiane to look at properties in the French capital this week.
De Ligt's agent Mino Raiola has also been in France recently, where he met with Paris Saint-Germain's sporting director Antero Henrique.
While this news would suggest De Ligt will sign for PSG this summer, it is not necessarily a foregone conclusion.
Frenkie de Jong, for example, was given this same treatment and visited Paris to look at apartments with his girlfriend Mikky Kiemeney.
The Dutchman later decided to sign for Barcelona instead in a £67m transfer from Ajax, accepting smaller wages in Spain.
- World rugby chiefs to review transgender policiesRugby 2 days ago
- Blow for Liverpool: Henderson ruled out for three weeks with injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury – 22Bet ReviewSports 2 days ago
- Beach Volleyball: Coach Mulinge drops twoVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Karen leg of Safari Tour attracts record fieldGolf 2 days ago
- Lampard denies conflict with Chelsea over Kepa axePremier League 2 days ago
- Why Gor Mahia official will not vie for NEC Women RepresentativeSports 2 days ago