Four players axed as Harambee Stars coach Sébastien Migné names final AFCON squad
Harambee Stars coach Sébastien Migné has named the final team set to participate in the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cairo, Egypt later this month.
Four players have been axed from the initial 27-man squad among them Sweden-based winger Christopher Mbamba, Anthony Akumu, Clifton Miheso and Brian "Niang" Mandela.
Musa Mohamed, who picked up a knock in Kenya’s first pre-AFCON friendly match against Madagascar on Friday, has been included in the list, as has Abud Omar, who limped off late in the match.
Kenya still have one friendly match against the Democratic Republic of Congo set to be played on Saturday, June 15, 2019, in Madrid, Spain.
The four-week long event (AFCON) in Egypt will run from June 21st- July 19.
Final AFCON Squad:
Patrick Matasi, John Oyemba, Faruk Shikalo
Philemon Otieno, Abud Omar, Bernard Ochieng, Musa Mohammed, Joash Onyango, Joseph Okumu, David Owino, Eric Ouma
Victor Wanyama, Dennis Odhiambo, Erick Johanna, Ayub Timbe, Francis Kahata, Ismael Gonzalez, Ovella Ochieng, Paul Were, Johanna Omollo
Masud Juma, Michael Olunga, John Avire
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago
- Narok: Stadium to be named after NtimamaSports 2 days ago
- Boxing: Boxers take their fight to Kisumu for final legBoxing 2 days ago
- FKF Mombasa sub-branch petition Fifa over ‘flawed election guidelines’Football 2 days ago
- Champs GSU ready for KVF national play-offsVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes brace for busy season ahead as AK release next season’s calendarAthletics 2 days ago