Stage ready for Rift Valley championships
There will be all to play for when Rift Valley Primary Schools Regional games begin today at Makutano Primary School, in West Pokot.
The games, which involves football, volleyball, netball and handball, has seen Trans Nzoia, Nandi, Bomet and Uasin Gishu grouped in pool A in boys’ football.
Pool B has Kericho, Samburu, Laikipia and Kajiado, while Pool C has Turkana, Narok and Baringo.
Pool D has Nakuru, Elgeyo Marakwet and hosts West Pokot.
In girls’ football, Turkana, Nakuru, Bomet and Baringo are in pool A while pool B has West Pokot, Narok, Laikipia and Kajiado.
Pool C has Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu and Elgeyo Marakwet, with pool D having Nandi, Kericho and Samburu.
Officials arrived yesterday for registration ahead of a workshop to update themselves with the tournament’s rules.
Rift Valley Primary Schools Sports Association Secretary General Mamai Etyang’ said only pupils born before September 2004, will be eligible to participate in the ball games.
In boys’ volleyball, Nandi, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet and Nakuru are in Pool A.
- London Marathon 2019 embroiled in sexism row over finisher t-shirtsAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 week ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 week ago
- Touch of class: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil rewards Kenyan boy for second timeFootball 1 month ago
- KCB Masters offer more lessons to Kenyan prosGolf 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 2 weeks ago