£84million MEGA superstar set to make shock move to Old Trafford
Manchester United have made a £84million bid for Kalidou Koulibaly following a disappointing campaign at Old Trafford.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Solskjaer is keen to bring in fresh blood in the shape of Senegalese international central defender Kalidou Koulibaly from Serie A side Napoli.
Centre back Koulibaly is one of the most in demand players this summer - although Napoli have no intention to let their prized star depart.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is in the market for a new centre back, will face plenty of competition for the Senegalese ace, who is under contract until 2023.
A centre-back remains the priority, with Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly the prime target, but the Senegalese is likely to cost a world-record fee for a defender.
Man United are also targeting Ivory Coast striker Nicolas Pepe from Ligue 1 outfit Lille.
Koulibaly, the Mirror also claims, would cost even more than the £75 million Liverpool paid Southampton for Dutch central defender Virgil van Dijk whilst Pepe would not be cheap either, the paper citing a figure of £45 million.
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 2 weeks ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 week ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 2 weeks ago