£84million MEGA superstar set to make shock move to Old Trafford
Manchester United have made a £84million bid for Kalidou Koulibaly following a disappointing campaign at Old Trafford.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Solskjaer is keen to bring in fresh blood in the shape of Senegalese international central defender Kalidou Koulibaly from Serie A side Napoli.
Centre back Koulibaly is one of the most in demand players this summer - although Napoli have no intention to let their prized star depart.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is in the market for a new centre back, will face plenty of competition for the Senegalese ace, who is under contract until 2023.
A centre-back remains the priority, with Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly the prime target, but the Senegalese is likely to cost a world-record fee for a defender.
Man United are also targeting Ivory Coast striker Nicolas Pepe from Ligue 1 outfit Lille.
Koulibaly, the Mirror also claims, would cost even more than the £75 million Liverpool paid Southampton for Dutch central defender Virgil van Dijk whilst Pepe would not be cheap either, the paper citing a figure of £45 million.
- I lost the match because I did not receive any assistance from the government - Zarika Boxing 2 days ago
- Jose Mourinho linked with shock move to TottenhamFootball 2 days ago
- Harambee starlets 2-0 Ethiopia: Starlets get Cecafa campaign off to winning start Football 2 days ago
- Verstappen wins crazy race as both Ferraris crash outSports 2 days ago
- Yellow card turns to six-month ban for South AfricanFootball 2 days ago
- Volleyball: KCB seek to end long league title droughtVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 Qualifiers: Stars look to avenge 2012 defeat to Togo at Kasarani tonightFootball 2 days ago