Harambee Stars face Madagascar in first warm-up match
National team Harambee Stars take on Madagascar today in the first of two friendly matches they will play ahead of Africa Cup of Nations finals that begin on June 21.
This will be a perfect opportunity Stars for coach Sebastian Migne to watch his team in a competitive environment after just one week of training in France.
Migne will be delighted with the numbers in camp before he picks his final 23, who will travel to Cairo.
The players will seek to impress their coach and seal the coveted slots.
One of the departments where real battle is expected is goalkeeping, where Patrick Matasi will seek to keep his starting position by outshining Joseph Oyemba and Farouk Shikalo.
Shikalo is in top form and recently helped Bandari win the SportPesa shield title.
The other area that will no doubt give Migne some tough time, is in midfield.
Harambee Stars captain Victor Wanyama is expected to start alongside Eric Johanne, Ayub Timbe and Ismael Gonzales. Cliftone Miheso, Johanne Omollo and Teddy Akumu could have a shot in the second half.
Madagascar are one the teams featuring in the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time.
- Mario Balotelli's own fans release statement backing racist supporters Football 2 days ago
- Kenya 7s team beat Uganda in Africa Men’s Rugby final to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games in TokyoRugby 2 days ago
- Chelsea go second with a 2-0 win over Crystal PalaceFootball 2 days ago
- Boxer dies after a freak accident in trainingBoxing 2 days ago
- Tottenham 1 – 1 Sheffield Utd: Spluttering Spurs held at home by Sheffield UnitedFootball 2 days ago
- Looking at this latest EPL table, do you think Man Utd can displace Arsenal?Football 2 days ago
- Arsenal beaten by Leicester Football 2 days ago