Harambee Stars face Madagascar in first warm-up match
National team Harambee Stars take on Madagascar today in the first of two friendly matches they will play ahead of Africa Cup of Nations finals that begin on June 21.
This will be a perfect opportunity Stars for coach Sebastian Migne to watch his team in a competitive environment after just one week of training in France.
Migne will be delighted with the numbers in camp before he picks his final 23, who will travel to Cairo.
The players will seek to impress their coach and seal the coveted slots.
One of the departments where real battle is expected is goalkeeping, where Patrick Matasi will seek to keep his starting position by outshining Joseph Oyemba and Farouk Shikalo.
Shikalo is in top form and recently helped Bandari win the SportPesa shield title.
The other area that will no doubt give Migne some tough time, is in midfield.
Harambee Stars captain Victor Wanyama is expected to start alongside Eric Johanne, Ayub Timbe and Ismael Gonzales. Cliftone Miheso, Johanne Omollo and Teddy Akumu could have a shot in the second half.
Madagascar are one the teams featuring in the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time.
- CS Amina’s dilemma as she heads to FifaFootball 3 hours ago
- Middlesbrough complete signing of Kenyan youngster defenderFootball 2 days ago
- LeBron James James’ heartbreaking tribute to Kobe BryantBasketball 10 hours ago
- Kenya wins bid to host U-20 Barthes CupRugby 14 hours ago
- National Super League: Bidco edge Talanta to put pressure on leaders City StarsFootball 1 day ago
- Golf: Snow on course for fourth Safari title at Sigona ClubGolf 3 hours ago
- Inter Milan sign Denmark playmaker Eriksen from SpursFootball 10 hours ago