Swimming: Mpesa Foundation to host national event on June 8
Bachelani Bilqis from Brickwood Schools won girls' under-7 category during the Nanyuki edition of the Private and Preparatory International Schools Sports Association (PIPSA) at St. Christopher School.
She garnered 41 points to emerge the overall winner in her category. In the boys' category, Kariuki Rayron from St.Christopher was the winner.
At Riara School, Emily Mwangi from Kianda School won the girls' under-7 category with Ryan Mutoko claiming the boys' title.
Marion Joy, representing Viraj International Academy, topped in the 8-9 years age group while Seth Baala of Oshwal Academy won in boys' race.
Frank Mwenje of Strathmore School garnered 44 points to top in boys' 10-11 years age while Ivy Njeri emerged the winner in girls's age group.
The Private and International Preparatory Schools Sports Association (PIPSSA) national swimming championships is expected to attract its biggest entry ever when the competition takes place at Mpesa Foundation Academy’s half Olympic size pool on June 8-9.
According to PIPSAA chairman, Stanley Kaberu, a total of 80 schools have so far confirmed participation in the June 8 event.
- London Marathon 2019 embroiled in sexism row over finisher t-shirtsAthletics 2 months ago
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining ArsenalFootball 1 week ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 week ago
- Touch of class: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil rewards Kenyan boy for second timeFootball 1 month ago
- KCB Masters offer more lessons to Kenyan prosGolf 2 weeks ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 2 weeks ago