Swimming: Mpesa Foundation to host national event on June 8
Bachelani Bilqis from Brickwood Schools won girls' under-7 category during the Nanyuki edition of the Private and Preparatory International Schools Sports Association (PIPSA) at St. Christopher School.
She garnered 41 points to emerge the overall winner in her category. In the boys' category, Kariuki Rayron from St.Christopher was the winner.
At Riara School, Emily Mwangi from Kianda School won the girls' under-7 category with Ryan Mutoko claiming the boys' title.
Marion Joy, representing Viraj International Academy, topped in the 8-9 years age group while Seth Baala of Oshwal Academy won in boys' race.
Frank Mwenje of Strathmore School garnered 44 points to top in boys' 10-11 years age while Ivy Njeri emerged the winner in girls's age group.
The Private and International Preparatory Schools Sports Association (PIPSSA) national swimming championships is expected to attract its biggest entry ever when the competition takes place at Mpesa Foundation Academy’s half Olympic size pool on June 8-9.
According to PIPSAA chairman, Stanley Kaberu, a total of 80 schools have so far confirmed participation in the June 8 event.
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 2 days ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 2 days ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 1 day ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 1 day ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 1 day ago